Mar 19, 2013

Excuse me sir, Do you Tweet?

With the whole emergence of social media years ago and the exodus from blogging to social platforms I was skeptical. I mean I always figured that if everyone was doing it then if probably wasn't of God and for the most part I sorta still believe that. So for that reason I was very slow to check out Facebook and Twitter.

When we returned to Croatia and left Cody in the States I signed up for Facebook so I could keep up with Cody and see photos of the parts of his life I was missing. After becoming totally enveloped in Facebook and finding out far more about my friends than I wanted to know I eventually gave it up, albeit difficult. Oh yea and by then Cody had stopped posting anything on FB.

I tried Twitter but totally couldn't understand the whole premise of the thing and so I left Twitville. The other night I'm lying in bed next to Johnny and he's messaging Cody back and forth on Twitter. WHAT? He was talking to my kid! I totally wanted some of that. Now, while I'm still a Tweeter in training I'm officially tweeting my little head off. I still don't understand how it all works but I'm giving it a try. I talked to my kid last night and told him that I couldn't wait to see him via Twitter. So it's sorta useful.

The thing I like about Twitter that I didn't like about FB was that it's not as interactive. I can't go and spend time looking at someone else's business. Okay to a degree but it's not the same at least that's where I'm sitting at the moment.

So while we still have a FB page for our family that folks can LIKE and get updates I don't have a personal FB page anymore but I do have a Twitter page! The truth of the matter and this post is that I'm friendless. Yes, friendless I tell you. I'm on Twitter and I have very few friends. So if you're on Twitter, I wanna be friends. So let me know your handle or user or whatever it's called and we can be buddies.

APOLOGY: Sorry for the shameless plug for Twitter friends. I'm ashamed! No, I'm not really!

siggy

5 comments:

  1. I still don't completely understand twitter :S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous5:53 AM

    I have to admit that I don't understand Twitter at all...I've been giving FB another try and on the one hand I really like that I'm interacting with some family that we don't normally have much interaction with. But I grow weary of reading everyone's status updates, political updates etc...

    And I completely know what you mean about learning too much about your friends. That part was REALLY hard.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keeping in touch with family was one of the benefits of FB for me but the negatives outweighed the positives. Also when old boyfriends started contacting me it became a bit too much. The truth is FB only lessened the quality of my Christian walk even though it had its perks.

      Btw, so glad I found your sweet blog.

      Delete
    2. Anonymous5:38 PM

      Oh my! Yes I can see how upsetting it would be to be contacted by old boyfriends. I have my FB privacy settings pretty much on lock-down, LOL. And I don't have my maiden name on it so that has helped quite a bit. But I can relate to what you said about it affecting your Christian walk too.

      And thanks for visiting my blog and for the sweet comment that you left. I wasn't sure if you knew it or not, but I am "Mrs. B". I switched to using my first name and have changed my blog name several times. I guess after blogging for 7 years I change things up to keep it fresh. It was nice to visit here again and I'm very glad that you're back to blogging. I'll be back! :)

      Delete
  3. I don't understand Twitter, either... makes me feel old to admit that, LOL! I hope you get more friends from your shameless plug lol. :P

    ReplyDelete

Hey thanks in advance for leaving a comment, sure do appreciate it!!