Jan 28, 2007

Amarillo by Morning


You know what's funny?? As long as I've been saved and listening to Godly music, I still can't get that song out of my mind.

Anyhow, we're in Amarillo for a few weeks at a few meetings. It's cold and we have had our share of snow too. I love it!
Amarillo has the neatest thing, lots of full-sized painted horses all over the town, really neat. We'll be back here in the summer and we're going to walk and look at all the horses, not now though, it's cold.
Not much going on around here. Kids are doing school in the mission house and I've been doing a bit of crocheting and made a cute little green baret for my Hannah but now I'm burned out. Gotta find another craft for the road. Any idea????

Well I better go pop in my microwave meal in the microwave. Living on the road is alittle difficult but thank goodness for microwaves.

Have a wonderful night!!!

5 comments:

  1. Is cold weather and snow in Texas usual? For some reason I've always thought it to be a warm state year round. LOL

    I can't really think of anything to do on the road. If I do, I'll let you know. LOL Sorry. :(

    ~Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! I used to do cross stitch on deputation, as well as crochet. We never got to Amarillo too much. I think we had one meeting there, and we just kept on truckin'. Not much up in the panhandle! ;)

    Kristi, most of Texas isn't too bad in the winter, but Amarillo gets the nastiest of whatever comes around. And ice storms are pretty common anywhere in North Texas, if the conditions are just right.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is pretty. They had penguins in Tulsa like that, but horses are much cooler! Enjoy your trip.

    ReplyDelete
  4. On deputation I read out loud (to my husband) to pass time. I tried crocheting for a while and came up with a few simple things, but had a tendancy to get VERRRY carsick when concentrating so hard on my hands.
    That is such a cool horse. I hope you get more pictures and post them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Funny how some songs just stick and stick! I wish that scriptures stuck that well with me... Ugh! D

    ReplyDelete

Hey thanks in advance for leaving a comment, sure do appreciate it!!