Oct 14, 2019

Weekend in Review

I tell you what, It seems like life goes from Monday to Monday. The older I get the faster the weeks pass.
This weekend our church joined the two other independent Baptist churches in Croatia and went to Rijeka, a coastal city, to pass out tracts and witness. There was a good group and one saved so far. 

Okay so I'm not in the photo and there's a really good reason for that, I wasn't there. 

4 weeks ago I had bunion surgery on my right foot and I'm still not walking normally, actually I'm still in a special boot; not a pretty sight. I've been down for 4 weeks and I have to tell you, I don't think I can make it much longer. I'm a "doer" and it's hard to "do" when you can't walk. I did figure something out, out of necessity. I'm a ambidextrous sewer! I had no idea I could sew with my left foot but lookie-lookie! So I finally figured that at least I could sew, so sew I did. 
So I was talking to my daughter the other day, (she's married and lives in Oklahoma, 5700 miles away) anyhow, she said, "Mom, I can't believe you put a photo of your foot online, (this very photo) that's so 'old woman'." 
I was like what? 46 isn't old!





I started a sew-a-long with Pat Sloan, Winter Fun Sew Along and I've got my first two blocks finished. I love fat blocks, there work up really fast and are super easy.
I've also started my own Christmas mini-quilt using Diane Bohn's My First Alphabet paper piece patterns. I'm really surprised just how easy the patterns are to follow. I'm not where close to being finished but I might as well share what I've got done, (makes me feel productive to see something). There are so many possibilities with these letters, can't wait to get some of my UFO's finished and then get creative!
So before I finish, I think I need to be a little transparent, before you guys start to think that I'm an awesome quilter or something. I started to finish one of my UFOs and was getting along pretty okay until I realized that I'm an idiot. See if you can see what I did wrong, and now it's not my free-hand quilting.
So apparently this little baby quilt wasn't even close to being ready for quilting, would have been nice if my "samwich" had had two pieces of bread. 

5 comments:

  1. So sorry about your foot. I would have posted it too, smiles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about your bunion and the long recovery! But you've been making good use of your time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope your foot is improving!! I know what being in a boot is like! Awkward when having to drive, boot on, boot off, boot on, boot off! But looks like you put your time to good use with all your sewing blocks and sewing!!! Great job!!! And...the mistake one...now what little baby will notice that? :)
    And ...on the "old woman" comment by your daughter...I didn't know you were JUST 46!!! That's so totally YOUNG!! You could be my daughter! Enjoy every stage of life. Thanks for your post. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness... I pray your foot heals soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL at your daughter. My grandson asked me yesterday in homeschool if I rode a carriage when I was younger. I said son how old do you think Mamaw is. LOL Anyway I love seeing your quilt stuff. My Moma loved it and was so good but it definitely skipped me. So exciting to see your group and hear about the one who was saved. Praise the Lord.

    ReplyDelete

Hey thanks in advance for leaving a comment, sure do appreciate it!!