Jan 4, 2016

nice but not necessary

Can't believe it's already the first week of January but here we are considering whether that New Year's resolution is even worth it. It's amazing how motivated we can be on January 1st and how soon that motivation dissipates into memories of failed resolutions! 

Well, I'm happy to say that I didn't make any resolutions this year. Are you kidding? Why set myself up for failure. Instead I chose a word; CONSISTENCY, and decided just to focus on being consistent in the things that really don't matter. They're good things but not really terribly important.

So for the month of January I'm trying to consistently follow this Scripture writing schedule. I have added it to my daily devotional time and even though it's not necessary it is one of those "nice" things.  It's really those "nice" things that get put on the back burner because they're nice but not necessary. You know, it's those "nice" things that make life beautiful.



So for the month of January I'm working on consistently following this writing schedule. I'm working on the things that are nice but not necessary.  

9 comments:

  1. I stumbled upon that same challenge last week, and enjoyed starting it today! Good stuff. ☺️

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have made a promise to myself to read and write down Bible verses from a devotional a fellow blogger sent me, titled,"I said a prayer for you today my friend".

    Thanks for sharing, Tori. Many happy New Year Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not one for making New Year's resolutions either. I always feel like a failure and the enemy doesn't need more help in making me feel like a mess!
    I do have goals. Like being at the gym 4 days a week. If it happens, YIPPEE! if not, no biggie!
    I have been trying to do your To Do Tuesdays, hope you are still going to put it up. Hope to see ya tomorrow! :)
    HAPPY NEW YEAR!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm doing the same Bible verse writing plan :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous8:59 PM

    Awesome

    ReplyDelete
  6. Resolutions - I stay far, far away from them. Goals on the other hand I can handle because I usually set goals for things I know I can do even if it takes longer than a year. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous2:02 AM

    I did this in December and have started it in January too. I like writing down the Scriptures. It helps the Word to sink in for me. I also write what it says to me. I'm enjoying it too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I had decided on no resolutions either but instead had set goals since I hadn't gotten a clear thought of my word. As I read your post this morning, a word dropped into my spirit. Faithful. I saw this scripture writing plan on Deb's site too. Too late for January - but I may do this in February. I'll just have to do the last three days on the 29th. Have a blessed day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I did not make any resolutions, either, but I do have goals that are ongoing, not related to the new year.

    ReplyDelete

Hey thanks in advance for leaving a comment, sure do appreciate it!!