I have been craving pumpkin bread for a month and I finally bought a pumpkin, processed it into puree and froze it. I wasn't sure what I was going to use it for until I found the gluten-free all purpose baking mix. Eureka!!
Ingredients*You can put full sugar, I just tried to cut it down a bit. Tasted delish with the Splenda but I'm sure it'd be better with full sugar.
- 2 cup sugar
- 1 cup Splenda
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 4 eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 15 ounces of homemade pumpkin puree or 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3 1/2 cups gluten-free baking mix
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Lightly grease 3- 10x4 inch inch loaf pans.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine sugar, Splenda, oil and eggs; beat until smooth. Add water and beat until well blended.
- Stir in pumpkin.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, soda, salt, baking powder, ginger, allspice cinnamon, and clove.
- Add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture and blend just until all ingredients are mixed.
- Pour into loaf pans and bake in preheated oven until toothpick comes out clean, about 1 hour.
Be warned, this stuff is dangerous!!!