Sep 12, 2013

Seasons Come and Go

   Life has been so busy here lately with visitors, baptisms and life in general that I hardly noticed that Summer was on its way out. Can you believe that it's already almost the middle of September? Crazy! I'm not complaining at all 'cause Autumn is my favorite all time favorite time of year. I love the crisp air, the colors, the food and just that warm cozy feeling you get from wearing sweaters and fuzzy socks!





We have some great stuff lined up for this Autumn including; Harvest Sunday, mission conference, a trip to Rome and some much needed fellowship with our friends from the States. It's gonna be good awesome! I love Autumn and everything about it but I can't believe that we're already here. 

I love how God has allows the seasons to just melt into one another. There's no bumpy change but a wonderfully smooth transition. God is so marvelous.

Here are a few really good Bible verses about seasons.

It goes without saying that Ecclesiastes 3:1-22 has a ton to say about the seasons and most likely the most famous phrases about the seasons come from the Bible, but there are more.

Psalms 1:3 - And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.

Proverbs 15:23 - A man hath joy by the answer of his mouth: and a word spoken in due season, how good is it!

Proverbs 26:1 -  As snow in summer, and as rain in harvest, so honour is not seemly for a fool. 

Daniel 2:21 - And he changeth the times and the seasons: he removeth kings, and setteth up kings: he giveth wisdom unto the wise, and knowledge to them that know understanding:

Acts 14:17 - Nevertheless he left not himself without witness, in that he did good, and gave us rain from heaven, and fruitful seasons, filling our hearts with food and gladness.

Galatians 6:9 - And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.

2 Timothy 4:2 - Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.

Hebrews 11:25 - Choosing rather to suffer affliction with the people of God, than to enjoy the pleasures of sin for a season;

There are many places the Lord talks about times and change and these are just a few place where He mentions seasons. 

Happy everything FALL y'all!!!


siggy

2 comments:

  1. Cool pic! I love fall too. Though I don't like the lead in to winter. Cold weather is hard on me but I enjoy the fall. My birthday is in the fall and I love the colors and the extra blue skies and crisp smell of the air. Thanks for sharing those reminder verses about the seasons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tori, I am so sorry I deleted your comment on my blog by mistake....that is what happens when I try to talk to someone and blog at the same time. :) I really enjoyed your post/ What a blessing you are and such an emcouragement to me with your kind comments!

    ReplyDelete

Hey thanks in advance for leaving a comment, sure do appreciate it!!