Dec 22, 2009

Hot cocoa anyone?

I remember when we were in the states several years ago, going to Six Flags with the family. I think it was Holiday in the Park and they even had a real snow hill in Texas. It was so cold outside and we were freezing. We noticed everyone walking around holding a steaming mug of something with both hands. It was Hot Cocoa and we wanted some. After finding it and buying the refillable mug we were toasty and warm. Their hot cocoa had a distinct taste, not too sweet, not too think and it had a special something in it that I just couldn't put my finger on until the other night.

After the day of snow we were all ready for something warm so I looked
up a hot cocoa recipe online and do you know what, it was the same as Six Flags. I was amazed and instantly transported to Holiday in the Park with my family. It was great. Okay so don't ask me why I rambled so just to introduce a measly hot cocoa recipe but I did and here it is!

Ingredients
  • 1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
  • 5 tablespoons sugar
  • 3 tablespoons baking cocoa
  • 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • Dash salt
  • 3 cups boiling water
Directions
  1. In a saucepan, combine the milk powder, sugar, cocoa, cinnamon and salt. Add boiling water stir until milk powder is dissolved.
Enjoy Y'all!!
for other great recipes like this check out my favorite recipe site: All Recipes







9 comments:

  1. Your blog looks so professional! So sharp! love it! love the hot coco too! looks so yummy!

    thanks for sharing! ;)

    Dani Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for recipe Tori
    I have been looking for an easy way to make hot chocolate without a bunch of artifical things in it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tori! I just read your comment on my blog. Nice to meet you too. I have two blogs. You found my handwork blog but I also have one of my home and garden.

    I love hot cocoa and make it all the time. It is a staple drink in Holland due to their incredible cocoa powder. I make mine by using real milk mixed with the cocoa powder and just a tiny bit of sugar. It does not need much sugar since the cocoa is so good. Oh and most important? I top it with whipped cream. :-) Wish I could make you a cup.

    Hugs from Holland ~
    Heidi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tori,

    Thanks for visiting my blog. It's always good to meet new people through the medium of the internet. Your hot chocolate looks so yummy. Have a very Merry Christmas.

    DarcyLee

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice to meet you, Tori! I love hot cocoa. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Tori! I finally found you again!!!! So glad. This cocoa sounds good and comforting. I will have to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wondered if it would be cheating if I just added cinnamon to my swiss mis ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous1:22 PM

    MMMmmmm... I haven't made real cocoa in years. Merry Christmas. Terry

    ReplyDelete
  9. MMMMM! That sounds good!

    ReplyDelete

Hey thanks in advance for leaving a comment, sure do appreciate it!!