Mar 1, 2009

Saying Goodbye!

Tomorrow we are headed up to Budapest, Hungary to say goodbye to a dear missionary friend of ours. He, his wife and his family of 13 kids have decided to return to the states to live and teach in a Bible college there. They have served for many years as missionaries in Budapest, Hungary and in Russia. They have so much insight to share with the new generation of missionaries and we know that God is going to use them greatly. I think every missions class in the states should be taught by a faithful veteran missionary who can teach from experience.

They were the closest "good" missionaries to us and we feel a real loss and since of solitude now that they are gone. It's strange to be the only ones like us (don't know if that's good or not) for 300 miles around.

Anyhow, we'll be gone Monday and Tuesday and return Tuesday evening with lots of pictures to share!!

Many thanks and well wishes to our friends The Frauenhofer Family as they begin a new phase in their service for out Lord. They are minus the youngest Frauenhofer, Lydia isn't in this picture, but that's most of them!


Tori

9 comments:

  1. So are those all their children? or is that two families? I know of a family who has 14 children. The father is the Dean of the Seminary my husband attended. So I know it´s possible.

    Hope you have a good trip. And I know you surely will miss this dear family! We have missionaries that are 20 min. away. It helps tremendously to know we are not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There must be two missionaries in Europe with 13 children! We met a missionary to Germany when we were on deputation who had 13. Have a good time of fellowship this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:05 AM

    Praying for your safe travels.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh sorry you have to say goodbye to your dear friends!

    14 kids.. wow, I could only pray that the Lord would bless us with SO many

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry Tori,
    I was signed in my photography blog when I posted last time, dont worry about approving it... Ill just REcomment :P

    Sorry you have to say goodbye to your friends...
    I can only pray that the Lord blesses me with 13 beautiful Children one day :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a sweet family - I know they will be missed there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Tori, May God give you and your family a safe trip and lots of good fellowship. I am sure that God is already preparing or has prepared someone else to be a friend to you and your family, just watch for that open door. Love you, connie

    ReplyDelete
  8. I understand completely about your friends leaving. Our best friends left in September. We had been together here for over 12 years. One of the saddest days I've faced was after we had loaded their container and they shut the doors. Talk about having a good, long cry!!!!

    All that to say, I know the feeling!!!!!

    Many blessings,
    Sis. Tammy

    ReplyDelete
  9. They are a beautiful family and I know you will miss them. Praying you have a safe trip there and back.

    ReplyDelete

Hey thanks in advance for leaving a comment, sure do appreciate it!!