May 20, 2019

1,177 Days!

What 1,177 days? Why? Well...that is exactly how many days it's been since I posted on this blog! *SHAME ON ME*
I have no idea why it's been so long or why I have totally neglected my Home Away From Home after faithfully posting here for more than 10 whole years; seriously no clue!
So as a terrible mother repents and returns to her responsibilities, I'm back!

Where have I been since February 2016? Well, right here! I haven't fallen off the face of the Earth, I'm still here living life. So many things have changed since my last post.

First big thing is that our favorite child (favorite because he gave us our first grandchild but subject to change if our next child gives us 2 grandchildren!) and his sweet wife Serina gave is our first grandson Garren Morgan; he was born on June 11, 2017!





Can I just say, I'm totally in love! You guys always told me that grandchildren were way more enjoyable than your own children and you were right on!! Garebear has stolen our hearts!

Secondly, our baby girl got hitched! Hannah married Jared Dye on January 4th, 2019. 




We love our new son Jared and we love that he loves our little girl. 

Then, in May of 2017 we bought a home out in the country. While it needs work, we don't mind. I'm having a great time making it ours. I'll take photos soon and share, as of right now, we've just returned from a 6 month furlough so the house is a wreck! 

Let's see, what else is new? Umm, we celebrated our 19th year in Croatia on the 9th. God has knit our hearts with these beautiful people and their land. 

There are so many other changes in our lives but at the very moment, I can't think of any of them. 
I'm sure i'll remember everything as soon as I click PUBLISH, so i'll have to include those things int he next post.

So...I'm back!





6 comments:

  1. So good to see a post from you pop up on my feed! Congratulations on the wedding and grandson! Aren't grandkids fun? Your new place sounds great - it's enjoyable to remake a home like you like it.

    New with us: my grandson is 5; my mother-in-law, who had been living with us for over five years, passed away in January; my youngest just graduated from college and is looking for a job, so my nest may be empty very soon; I'm writing a book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was so happy to see a post from you. I don't blog for now, but if you're on Facebook, please find me... Debbie Wiles Huffaker. What a blessing... a grand baby! And a new to you home! I'm so glad you're back! 💜

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was so very excited to get an email through your blog!! I am glad you are back! The interesting thing is that I was in the process of moving all of my blog stuff to a new blog and trying to do more with the blog again!!! Here is my new one:
    https://ibelievetosee.home.blog/
    It was exciting to see the many changes in your life!! Praise the Lord!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, so glad to see you are posting again! I really missed you.

    How cool that you have become a grandmother and a mother-in-law. Join the club! It is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad! You were missed. Keeping up on fb isn't the same as sharing thoughts and ideas on a blog. Life is busy and it's hard at times to blog alot but I enjoy it when I do. Love your pics from Croatia!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm just catching up on some of your posts this year....didn't know about your daughter getting married. I remember her especially since my daughter's name is Hannah, too. I hope the newlyweds are doing well in their first year of marriage!
    Congratulations on your grandson, too...he's almost 2 1/2 now! I'm sure you love him to pieces! (We have 5 grandsons so far...no granddaughters yet!)

    ReplyDelete

Hey thanks in advance for leaving a comment, sure do appreciate it!!