Dec 27, 2012

New Beginnings!

So it's almost a new year. UNBELIEVABLE!!! I can't believe it's already 2013 and there are still no flying cars? Are we behind technologically or what? I thought for sure there would be flying cars, Tele-ports and smell-a-vision by now. What have we been doing all these years anyhow?

It's 2013 whether I'm ready for it or not. Looking ahead I can see that this is gonna be a difficult year. Our oldest son is already in the states in Bible college and in April our second son leaves to graduate and start college in the Fall. When we return to Croatia we will be returning with only our daughter in tow. Time has flown by. When I think that this year my kids will be 16, 18 and 21, I cringe. I wish someone would have told me to stop and stare a while. I wish I could go back right now and watch them playing in the yard but I know I can't. It's their turn to experience life and I can only sit back and wait for what the future holds for them and us.

Oh yea, this is my "big 40" year. Every once in a while that'll shock me. Especially when I realize that the next big birthday after 40 is 50. I shutter to think I've made it to 40 and I feel like I've missed so many years with our hectic pace of life. I'm gonna slow down a bit. Gonna enjoy my Lord, hubby and wonderful children.

There are a few things I would like to do this year. Not so much resolutions but more intentions.

1. I would love to read my Bible every day this year without missing one day.
2. Wanna make it to my goal weight this year.
3. Would love to turn 40 with style.
4. Really want to spend more meaningful time with my daughter while I have her.
5. Wanna fall more in love with Johnny than I am now.
6. Wanna spend more time being thoughtful to others.
7. Wanna get back to my sewing, i miss it.
8. Wanna take lots of photos.
9. Would love to renew my relationship with my brother.
10.
11.
* I'll fill those in later, i'm sure.

This year also holds the possibility of even a greater happening. Who knows, this could be the year our Lord and Savior Jesus returns for us. Wouldn't that be grand!

siggy

3 comments:

  1. Anonymous7:16 PM

    You know, Tori, I completely understand what you're feeling. I never knew it would feel so much like grief - realizing that although you love to see your children grow, it also means that they are leaving the nest, and how hurtful that can feel too! It's what we all (moms) knew would happen, we just didn't think it would be this difficult! There are great joys too - but a hurdle for sure! After March we'll only have one child living at home too. ((( hugs )))
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE your new blog look! I also love your goals for life. It's so good to hear from you. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great list! This reminds me that I need to set some new goals...

    ReplyDelete

Hey thanks in advance for leaving a comment, sure do appreciate it!!