Mar 26, 2010

37 Already??

Well it's true, I'm 37 today! I am in awe actually, it seems like yesterday I was 17 and then 20 and now 37!!!

Are you kidding me? How did this happen? Where did the years go and is it possible that I'm only 3 years from 40??? Somebody wake me, quick!!

Yea I  guess I need to face the facts, I'm 37. It seems like yesterday I was a young 27 arriving in Croatia for the first time with my 3 little kiddos in tow. Now I'm an ol' seasoned wife, mom and missionary wife. I've been around the block, per say and it's rough but so worth it!

Anyhow in honor of my 37 birthday, (yea I'm honoring me, somebody has to) I'm gonna tell you 37 interesting or not facts about me! Get ready, I know you can't wait!

1. I'm an Aries, what ever difference that makes.
2. I'm wear a 7.5 in shoes and sometimes 7 .
3. I have a total complex about my nose, way too wide.
4. My best friend in the whole world other than my honey is Amanda Rasbeary.
5. I have never met my real father.
6. At least half of my head of hair is gray, but you would never know it thanks to Loreal.
7. I don't really like ice cream. yea seriously
8. I have been married longer than I lived unmarried.
9. I don't have a gallbladder anymore.
10. I have two holes in my ears, but I only wear one earring.
11. I love to sing but have a fear of singing or speaking in front of people.
12. I'm a Daddy's Girl even after he's been gone for 14 years.
13. The first think I ever sewed was a Bible cover.
14. I used to be a Church of Christ bus kid.
15. I love my computer.
16. I despise pantyhose.
17. I have extremely white skin, so white that the lightest base makeup is usually too dark.
18. I've been baptized 3 times! all 3 times submersed.
19. I have rode in a Gondola in Venice, Italy.
20. I'm totally not scared of heights.
21. I have eyes the color of Tootsie Rolls, Johnny says.
22. It takes me about 15 minutes to blow dry my hair every morning.
23. I hate making cakes.
24. I still have acne, even as an adult. Enough already!
25. I have never been skinny.
26. I have friends all over the world.
27. My house burnt down when I was 7.
28. I had a Rottweiler named Texas.
29. I am madly in love with Johnny.
30. I would love to skydive.
31. I loved to sing when I was in school.
32. I have had 5 teeth pulled.
33. I am obsessive about cleaning my ears.  
34. I cut my family's hair.
35. I love to people watch in the town square while drinking a strong cappuccino.
36. I want to be called MiMi when I become a grandma.
37. I totally have no complaints about life, God sure is good to me!!!

Thanks for reading and celebrating with me, 1 more year closer to Heaven!


11 comments:

  1. Happy birthday!! I enjoyed reading your list - love #28 and 35! :) Hope you are having a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless you, dear Tori and I wish you the Happiest Birthday that anyone has ever had. May your day and especially you heart be full of joy.

    I love your new picture, or at least I haven't seen it before.

    I really like your new blog look.
    I have missed coming over and visiting with you.

    I loved your list of things about you, it was most interesting. I have that thing about ears also. My Dad had it too, that is probably why I have it.haha.

    You may not have ever seen your birth Dad but one day you will see your heavenly Father and He is the most important of all.

    We adopted our daughter and she can not even remember what her Dad looks like either and now he is dead. He was killed by the father of a woman he was living with at the time. I don't know why I told you that, oh well.

    Have a wonderful day and thank you so much for coming over to visit me on my blog, it meant more than you can know. love you, connie from Texas

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday to you,
    Happy birthday to you,
    Happy birthday dear Tori...
    Happy birthday to you.
    And many more!!!!

    Love,
    Liesa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday and hope you have many more before the trip to Heaven! You are needed in Croatia! Love the list and thanks for the trivia about you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Birthday!!! We have some things in common! I grew up in the C of C and worked on the bus!! I even attended a C of C college for one year. So glad for grace!

    I LOVE your new design! Red is my favorite color and it really cheered me up to see this today! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy 37th to you - and I think you are still very young with lots more to do and many years to enjoy

    you were a very brave 27 year old to go to Croatia with 3 little ones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. My last comment didn't get through.

    Happy Birthday, and don't worry about your nose! You have a lovely nose.

    37 has been great. I'm hoping 38 will be even better!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You forgot to put your deathly afraid of the dentist.
    Happy Birthday and everyday between.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy belated birthday! I hope it was a great one! We have 17 and 18 in common, and the one about the gallbladder! Also, my birthday is the day before yours! I'm 32 - the years DO fly by! Wow!
    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Belated Birthday!!! Wow! My oldest brother's birthday is the 26th and so is my best friend's! A lot of great people born on that day! :) I just had my 48th birthday on the 29th.

    It sounds like you had a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was fun to read. I compared our thoughts...lol...

    1. I'm a cancer...and it makes no difference.
    2. I wear a 8.5-9, depending on the width. I have flintstone feet. UGH!
    3. I tink that about my nose sometimes too. A trick I learned was when applying my blush, I do the sides of my nose. It gives it shadowing and makes it look more narrow. LOL
    4. My best GIRL friend in the whole wide world is Amanda...aka MANDER.
    5. My biological dad is a nut.
    6. I have very few gray hairs and am told that red heads gray slowly. YAY for me! hehehe
    7. I Looooooove ice cream. Cookies and cream to be precise.
    8. I, too, have been married longer than I was unmarried...by just a few months right now.
    9. I still have my gallbladder.
    10. I have one hole in my ears and hardly EVER wear earrings.
    11. I love to sing and have no problem singing or speaking in front of people. Are you surprised by that?
    12. I'm a daddy's girl too. It doesn't matter how long your daddy has been gone, Tori, I think that is something we will always be.
    13. The first thing I sewed was a skirt and top for Hannah when she was three. I free handed it and it was precious. I can't use a pattern to save my life. lol
    14. Always been IFB
    15. I love my computer too!
    16. I despise pantyhose too, but I really did control tops. ROFL
    17. I have the exact color skin of Cover Girls Ivory #4.
    18. I have been baptized once...submersed.
    19. I have never ridden in a Gondola in Venice, Italy. But I'd like to.
    20. I don't mind heights as long as we stand still.
    21. I have plain brown eyes.
    22. It takes about five minutes to blow dry my hair...when I wash it.
    23. I used to love making cakes. I've turned the spatula over to Hannah. She makes some good ones!
    24. I have one pimple that pops up in the same place from time time. It's very annoying.
    25. The only time in my life I have been skinny was when I was a very little girl. Around the age of ten is when I started rounding up. LOL
    26. I have friends all over the world too. You're one of them!
    27. Never experienced a house fire. I pray we never do.
    28. Scared to death of Rottweilers!
    29. I am madly in love with Bruce
    30. I would NEVER skydive! But I'll come watch if you do.
    31. I loved to sing in school too.
    32. I have had four teeth pulled. My two lower front when I was a kid and my two upper wisdom when I was an adult.
    33. I'm not obsessive about cleaning my ears, but I do enjoy a clean ear. LOL
    34. I cut my boy's hair.
    35. I love to people watch anywhere at anytime. People are FUNNNY!
    36. I don't care what my grandchildren call me, so long as they call me! :)
    37. I have no complaints about life either. God is good to me too...all the time!

    That was fun. LOL
    ~Kristi

    ReplyDelete

Hey thanks in advance for leaving a comment, sure do appreciate it!!