Dec 3, 2008

December already?

Wow, what happened to November? I mean really, I planned on blogging after Thanksgiving but here I am on the 3rd of December sitting down to blog for the first time since Turkey Day.

We had a great Thanksgiving. We were alone this year but now without yummy eats. I made way too much food, as usual. We watched the Cowboys and a few other games. We just enjoyed some "us" time, it was nice.
Thanks for all he Thanksgiving wishes!

Well now that Christmas is right around the corner I'm almost in shock. I can't believe that there are only 3+ weeks left to the big day. I have so many things I want to do and make, baking and visiting and I don't think it's all gonna get done.

When I was a kid it seemed like the time passed so slowly until Christmas and now it's here and I'm not even ready for it and really I didn't even see it coming, I feel like I've be hit by some actor in a V8 commercial but this time it's a conk on the head and a "Should have started sooner!"

All that stuff is gonna have to wait, we have a Christmas play coming up and I'm busy or should be, making props. Our kiddos are so excited, they are preforming the 3 Trees skit and it's gonna be so cute. I can't wait, actually I can since I don't have any of the trees finished yet.

Hey I took this picture the other day of the sunset. It actually gets dark here by 4:30, it's a huge bummer and contributes to some depression, I think. I watched the sun set and it was lovely, very unusual.
Okay so this photo doesn't do it justice but it was so cool.

The other day I got an e-mail from a friend and this is what it was; a Mountain Dew Christmas tree. Are you kidding, who in the world would have drunk that many Mountain Dews, Dr. Peppers I can see but Mountain Dew? (That was for you Bro. Scott)


It's actually pretty cool, I like it!! It's funky and I like that.
We put up our tree on Black Friday, as I mourned not being out in the rush. I mourned it until I heard about that poor guy in RI. Maybe it was good I was here and not able to fare the fun. Usually my sister in law and I get about by 4:00 and make the rounds, well not usually but when we're home for the holidays. It's fun but it looks like the fun is getting out of control.

I went to get my hair cut after a long absence from the frizerka (hair stylist). I have been letting my hair grow out even thought I know it looks better shorter, anyhow I finally did it today, she cut off about 5 inches and I LOVE it.

Anyhow, this is me and my new haircut, What'cha think?
Anyhoo, hope you all have a wonderful week and get lots of Christmas stuff done!

26 comments:

  1. Anonymous6:36 PM

    I think your hair looks *lovely*!!

    I recently got 10 inches of mine cut off and it's still shoulder length. It's much easier to care for now. (o:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Love your hair cut. Wise Men Still Seek Him, is one of my favorite sayings. The Mountain Dew Christmas tree is funny.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE your haircut! Not so sure about the tree, though! ;) It gets dark here about 4:30 in the winter, but it seems earlier because it's so rainy and cloudy all the time. It can get depressing, but I try to keep a song in my heart and focus on what I'm doing inside my cheerful home to keep myself happy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The hair looks so cute...very flattering on you Tori...
    yes, it is a short time until Christmas...stuff will get done, a little here a little there, then leave the rest...
    Deby

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your hair! ;) Glad you had a good Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your hair! ;) Glad you had a good Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your new hair cut is so cute! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I kind of liked the Mt. dew tree too....but i wasn't going to say that until you said you kind of liked it too!! hehe...

    Your hair is so cute!!----New profile pic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your new haircut!!!! How do you watch football over there, do you watch on the internet? Don't you just love this time of year? We are getting ready for our Christmas Musical at church too. Fun stuff. I think that Mt Dew tree is sooo cool.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HI TORI. THANKS SO MUCH FOR LEAVING A COMMENT ON LIFE BY GEORGE! IT'S SOOO NICE TO MEET YOU. I LOOK FORWARD TO READING YOUR BLOG MORE AS WELL. I JUST STARTED BLOGGING IN SEPT., AND I JUST LOVE IT!!! I ENJOY MEETING OTHER PEOPLE LIKE YOU.
    GOD BLESS YOU AND YOURS.
    LIESA

    ReplyDelete
  11. Anonymous10:13 PM

    I really like your haircut! Looks like you have nice, thick hair.

    The pop can tree?? Cute idea but I'm an old-fashioned girl and looking at that tree would make me feel gassy!!! LOL I'm not a pop drinker -- it would be overwhelming to drink all those pops!
    D

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the hair! It looks good on you! I am in desparate need of a cut right now myself. It will hopefully happen sometime during all of this Christmas rush I am feeling as well.

    I agree on the Dr. Pepper tree. That is my drink of choice. It is definately a fun looking tree.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the hair cut and all the pics. Where do you get all your little graphics and other extras you put on the sides of your blog and in your blogs?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Tammy,
    Most of the graphics I have in the side bar correspond to a blog or website so I get those from the blog.
    Then the other cool things like the human calendar I just happened upon, cool huh? Some of them, like the human calendar can be clicked on to take you to that blog or site, actually most if not all. Try it!


    Leah,
    We watch football through the NFL network on the internet. We gave my husband a gift subscription, since he loves it so much. We waited until well into the season and got the subscription for less than half. It's worth the money it cost to purchase it. He has no other hobbies and it brings him so much joy. We have high speed so watching the games is life watching them on a reagualr TV. Actually Johnny hooked our TV and computer together and now it shows full screen on the TV in the living room so everyone ( °Ü° ) can enjoy it.
    Anyhow, that's how we watch it.

    Thanks for all the kind words about my hair. I was trying to grow it long but I didn't like it and neither did Johnny, he prefers it shorter, I'm glad!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for your comment, Tori! :) I don't feel bad about "over protecting" my kids anymore! ;) Thanks for reading. You and your family are a blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Tori,
    HUGS...I didn't know I was your featured blogger gal...WOW..that just made my day, you will never know the reasons why..but it did...it's been a rough few weeks...and things like this uplift ....
    Thank you friend, how far is it to Croatia, would love to come give you a hug in person...
    and probably learn a few crafts too.
    Deby

    ReplyDelete
  17. The new cut looks great!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your hair looks beautiful! I know you're loving it. Hannah and I got an early Christmas present from my folks for a day at the salon. So we're doing that today. I like those kind of gifts. lol

    That poor man at Wal Mart wasn't the only incident. There were two women fighting at a Toys R Us. Their husbands decided to get in on it, both carrying guns, and both shot the other...to death. Fighting over a toy for their children and now all their children want for Christmas is to have their daddies back. How sad is that?

    I love your blog look. You know I love nativities!!

    ~Kristi

    ReplyDelete
  19. That tree is pretty neat! And I love your new haircut. You look so beautiful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love your hair - so fab!
    Love the tree - hate Mtn. Dew!
    Love the sunset - amazing we all see the same sun!

    ReplyDelete
  21. You look so beautiful! I love your chicken video on an earlier post by the way. Your description of it getting dark at 4:30 is so true! It's starting here around 4 now. It's crazy...I do like night time, but I hope I still do after this month! How long does it last? These dark days?

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love your hair!!! I love your nwe siggy also. Very nice.I'm glad you had a nice thanksgiving. I'm with you on the tree, although I think pepsi cans would be better. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love the new doo!!!!! VERY pretty~

    I love the CHristmas tree , but I agree, would have looked better with Dr Pepper..... coarse.. then it wouldnt have been green.. Shrug

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your new haircut! You look beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I love your new look! Very nice haircut. Pink also looks good on you! :)

    Those trees are something else....things people thing of!

    ReplyDelete
  26. You and your hair looks great, Tori! I just had my hair cut also and I'm now trying to decide about a perm... It has been years and years since a perm so I'm just not sure yet.
    Tobitha

    ReplyDelete

Hey thanks in advance for leaving a comment, sure do appreciate it!!