Dec 13, 2007

The Most Wonderful Church Family!!!

And yes I do have the most wonderful church family in the world!!

Well it all started back a couple of months when we were in a mission conference in Duncan, Oklahoma. We were blessed to have our fellow church member-missionaries in the same conference with us. Bro. and Mrs. Horton are missionaries to the Chiappas Indians in Mexico and dear friends of ours. I got to spend a lot of time with Suzanna (Mrs. Horton) during the conference and we wasted alot of time chatting. :0)

Well while talking about appliances and cooking we got on the subject of KitchenAid mixers. I told her that I had always wanted one but really knew they were out of our price range and even if we did have the money to buy one the shipping to Croatia would be insane. Anyhow, the conference ended and we said farewell to our dear friends and headed down the road.

Well it had been a while (actually months) since we were at our home church Trinity Baptist in Texas and we were excited to see friends. After a wonderful sermon by our pastor, Bob W. Smith and prayer time, he drew our attention to a huge silver box someone had placed on the platform. Preacher joked about the package being for him and then he looked at us and called us up to the platform. We we surprised but knew he did this kinda thing often so new members would know who the missionaries were when they came home. Anyhoo, he went on to ask me if I liked to cook and bake and I do, then he directed me to the big silver box now placed on a chair in front of me. As I opened the package I was shocked to find a new 6 qt., pearly white KitchenAid mixer just for me.

Come to find out, Suzanna had told a Kristy another dear friend about our conversation and she ran with the ball. The church folks raised the money to buy the mixer and enough money to ship it too. I know that I really do have the most wonderful church family ever!

Oh yea and last week, I made my first successful loaf of bread and it was good!

Thank you Bro. Smith, Suzanna Horton and all of those at TBC who sacrificed to be such an incredible blessing to me. Love y'all!!

14 comments:

  1. Oh tori

    What a WONDERFUL blessing!!!!!!! I am always in awe of how the Lord will provide us with our NEEDS as well as our WANTS! GOD IS GOOD!

    *btw I am a Huckabee fan too ;)*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tori - that is so wonderful! Thanks for sharing your huge blessing with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise the Lord! What a wonderful blessing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aww....that just blesses my heart! I am so happy for you...not only about the mixer but that your friends cared that much!
    Becky K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love it when Christians do things like this no matter how big or how small....we are to be blessings in WORD and DEED.....
    So happy for you.
    Deby

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a blessing!Merry Christmas Tori!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is so sweet of your church, Praise the Lord! What a great Christmas blessing.

    God Bless
    Jess~

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love my KitchenAide! What a fabulous gift to receive from your church family! I'm sure you'll think of them each time you use it. :)

    Blessings,
    Mrs. C

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is soooo great!!!! (Frankly, I am jealous! LOL!!!)

    Trinity really is the best church family, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Terri,

    Yea I guess you could say that since Trinity's your home church too. *Ü*

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a blessing! God is so good to his children!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Where did you pick up the friendly, waving hand that lets you know "1 person online visiting..." I like that and would like to post one on my site. Thanks!!!

    Also, I have enjoyed reading your blog. Thank you for the encouragement!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How exciting for you and sweet of them! Isn't it neat how the Lord takes care of us... spoils us, really!

    I can't wait to see the recipes you try out with your new mixer! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aw, what a sweet blessing. I love how the Lord will give us the desires of our hearts.

    Hope y'all have a blessed Christmas!
    ~ Christina

    ReplyDelete

Hey thanks in advance for leaving a comment, sure do appreciate it!!