Sep 25, 2019

You, my dear friend, are not that powerful.


   The other day I saw this little saying and had an ah-ha moment. I've never shared this on my blog, (let's be honest, I haven't blogged in years), but I know now that I'm not the only one dealing with heartache. 
   Our oldest son has problems , no has made some bad decisions, no the truth is (it's really hard to say and even harder seeing in print) is an addict. There it is, I've said it. My son is an addict. He's a saved man but in the deep grasp of sin.
   I deal with a lot of pain concerning him and then I push it down just long enough to live. Being totally honest here. I have given him to the Lord long ago and i'm good with whatever the Lord decides but still sometimes, thoughts overtake me and I must push them down until they pass.  
   When I saw this little saying I saw something I hadn't seen before. 
 If you think you've blown God's will for your life,
  Rest in this: You, my dear friend, are not that powerful.
   Thinking about my son, and how he's a child of God, I know God has a direct will for his life. I have decided to rest in the fact that my son, as a child of God, isn't powerful enough to ruin God's will for his life. I'm aware that God's will for his life may be not be what I think it should be but I am sure that whatever happens God will be sure to get glory from it and that's really what matters.
I will faithfully wait to see what God does in our son's life and pray all along that God will be glorified and lifted up.

10 comments:

  1. What happened?

    Here in the usa they give, or gave for a while, painkillers out like candy. Of course, people became addicted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear this about your son, Teri. We've had extended family members who battled addictions. It's a hard thing. One of my sons has walked away, not from his core values, but several related values he was taught. I cling to Philippians 1:6 for him: "Being confident of this very thing, that he which hath begun a good work in you will perform it until the day of Jesus Christ."

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is good to see you on the blog again! Praying for you and your son!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, it's been a while! I happened to be on my old blog...one I haven't posted on in years, and saw your link in the side bar. I love the quote and can relate to the post...glad you shared and I happened to see it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can find me here now- https://www.facebook.com/LOLwellgroup/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey there, Tori! I'm sorry to hear about Cody. I think it is quite possible that most parents experience heartache with their children at some point. And if they don't it's only by the grace of God. The past two days in my devotional emails I get from Charles Stanley, he has shared about how we communicate with our children. It is all about showing God's love in our speech and our actions.

    As a sibling who watched from the sidelines of sin and heartache. Be kind, be gentle,
    be tender-hearted, be loving, be Christ-like, keep praying. I believe if tenderness and love would have been shown more our season would not have lasted as long.

    I am praying the Lord will soften the heart to the words that need to be said. And that you and your husband will have the right words to say and that you both do not lose hope. I'm praying that your son's eyes will be open and that he will have a repentant heart.

    I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear about your son. I thought he was doing better and had moved past it and was even helping at Victory Ranch. Is Cody the one with your baby grandson? I currently have a cousin whose daughter up and left her two children (ages 5 & 3) with my cousin and went to live in a drug house. She did it in the middle of the night apparently. She has not contacted her parents to even ask about the girls. Crazy the hold addictions have! As far as I know, there is no testimony of salvation either, tho she's been witnessed to several times. There's so much destruction that comes from any addiction but the addict can't always see it. You are facing it with great strength and grace. I'll pray for you and Cody.

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are praying for him. Literally that's all we can do. Thinking about you guys during this difficult time in your lives. ❤️

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love you, friend. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  10. Praying for you and understanding your mama heart for your son. ❤️

    ReplyDelete

Hey thanks in advance for leaving a comment, sure do appreciate it!!