Sep 1, 2015

To Do Tuesday Link-up #1

Hey Guys, I'm doing something new here at Home Away From Home. 90% of my problem when it comes to productivity is forgetting what needs to be done. Aside from a whiteboard I need a time to sit and reflect on projects for the week. So here's what I came up with, To Do Tuesday, a weekly link-up for all those who want to be more productive. Oh oh, ME ME!


So here's my list for this week, it's not all-inclusive but it's the fun stuff. 


1. Pillow makeover!! I love throw pillows and mine are long over-do a makeover. I found this adorable fabric at Hobby Lobby when I was home. My living area is turquoise and brown and I'm trying to add some bright yellow to brighten up all the brown. I love the birdies!

2. Curtain fixer-uper! We are going to lower the ceiling area over the top of the curtains so it's even with the rest of the ceiling and then add a curtain track and then new curtains!! I have waited for this since we moved here, so I'm pumped!

3.This is a fun one! My brand new Silhouette Cameo! Whohoo! Okay a confession...It was actually purchased to use in the ministry but that doesn't mean I can't use it, right??? I'm excited! There are so many cool tutorials online, so stay tuned to see my creations.

5. Hannah's room, redo. This one makes me a little emotional but excited at the same time. Since my baby girl is gone there sits an empty room and since I need an empty room, well...There it is! Johnny is going to redo this room and make it an office/sewing/computer/devotional/quiet time room. I'm super excited can't wait till it's all finished. There's quite a lot of work to be done so my goal is just to start this week. 


Anyhoo, I'm seriously looking forward to this link-up each week and hope you'll join me. I always get so motivated seeing others be productive so let's do this together. 


7 comments:

  1. I am excited for you and look forward to seeing each finished product. I hate to admit it, but I am not creative at all, and the only thing I can do to change is to move furniture around, and I do that often. Cant buy new things, so move it and it looks 'new' to me! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Projects are good for helping you to adjust to the empty nest!! Looking forward to seeing your new sewing room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I feel better, I'd love to join in. Can't wait to see your room makeover.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your fabrics!
    My sewing room is also my grown up daughters former bedroom. It's sad a little but mostly it is good and I hope your daughters growing up and being on her own works out as well as our daughters did.

    And I'm your first link up :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't wait to see the transformation of the room. I know you'll be excited when it is completed.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fabric! I can't wait to see the finished products! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. As you can see, I'm finally catching up on reading your blog. My husband is doing the same thing to the empty room once my daughter leaves....it's becoming my sewing room! Yay!!! I'm glad you're getting your make-over room, too!

    ReplyDelete

Hey thanks in advance for leaving a comment, sure do appreciate it!!