Jul 9, 2006

Super Easy Pin Cusion

So I found this really neat site, don't even ask me where, I don't even remember how long ago it was. I just remembered I wanted to make one, so when I already had the mess of the machine and all my junk out I thought I would take the opprotunity. So here is my step by step thinggy for making a pin cushion, not that it's all that difficult. *Ü*



1. I found some material I liked, and cut out at six inch circle, or sorta circle, I didn't use a protractor, but at least it doesn't look like a square. *Ü*


2. Of course I put right sides together and hemed around the edge with a strait stitch leaving enough of a gap to stuff this little critter.



3. After I stuffed the thinggy, I hemmed the opening shut. Don't laugh! I know it doesn't look sp professional, but I'm not one so that's why!


4. Then I took some pink thread, threaded a big eyed needed a few times (the more threads you use at one time the less times you have to run it through. Then when I finished that I added the little button.

* oh yea I forgot, it's good to use a felty material for the base, don't ask me why, that's just what everyone says. *Ü*










    13 comments:

    1. I've seen those around, and think they are so cute! I haven't made any yet though!

      ReplyDelete
    2. Very cute pincusion! I'm going to have to give this one a try! Thanks for posting!!

      ReplyDelete
    3. I like that idea.
      Thank you for sharing it.
      I think I'll try that one with Ally.


      ~ Christina
      HsKubes HomeSchool Haven
      HsKubes Haven for Home
      Christian Military HomeSchool Mamas

      ReplyDelete
    4. So cute!! The pink string adds such a nice touch!
      Kelli

      ReplyDelete
    5. I love how you positioned the flower in the middle! Looks great!

      ReplyDelete
    6. This thing was so easy, we're talking about 20 minutes kinda easy. *Ü*

      ReplyDelete
    7. Hey, that's really cute and a good idea. I'll share this with our Denim and Lace group at church.

      ~Kristi

      ReplyDelete
    8. Thank you for sharing so many great ideas! I love both the pin cushion and the bag, adorable! Yours turned out very cute!

      ReplyDelete
    9. I keep seeing those and wanting to make one. Now I know how. Thanks!

      ReplyDelete
    10. This turned out so cute. I'm thinking of turning out a bunch of these for Christmas gifts. Not only do they look easy but also will cost me almost nothing to make since I have all the supplies except for felt. Thanks for sharing this.

      ReplyDelete
    11. Thanks for sharing the photos...and sooo cute!

      now I need to get busy in my sewing room...excuse me!

      ReplyDelete

    Hey thanks in advance for leaving a comment, sure do appreciate it!!