Jul 27, 2006

Scissor Angel

Scissor Angel

I found this idea today when I got my 501 Sewing Secrets Newsletter, and I thought it was so cute. The angel also makes a great ornament.

Materials
Small purchased tassel
1/2-inch wooden ball or bead
Acrylic paint: flesh tone, red, brown
Stylus and paintbrush
Glue
Scrap of fabric (3-inch circle)
7-inch scrap of ribbon for tie
1-inch pearl piping or small crochet ring (for halo; optional)
Small button
Needle and thread

Instructions
Paint wooden ball with flesh tone of your choice. Allow to dry. Dot heart or round checks with red. Dot eyes with brown. Allow to dry.
Sew a running or gathering stitch around circle of fabric to create a yo-yo. Pull the gathers tight and tuck in any raw edges. Knot securely. Now gather at center with thread or ribbon scrap creating wings.
Glue head to top of tassel. Glue wings to back of tassel. Thread ribbon for tie through the button holes with the raw ends of the ribbon coming through the button as the front. Apply glue to back of button and place at center of wings. Glue on halo. Allow all glue to dry completely.
Tie angel to your sewing scissors to protect them from being used as household shears! The angel is also great as a package bow or ornament.

4 comments:

  1. That is cute! Reminds me of when my sister and I were young and Mom could never find her good sewing scissors. Of course, we were using them to cut paper and other things that would dull them.:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My children know that is penalty of death if they use my sewing scissors. I also make sure there is a good supply of scissors around for them. That helps. There is scissors in the kitchen. Scissors in their school supplies. Scissors in their rooms. Scissors in the living room. They are old enough I don't have to worry about any strange haircuts or other uhohs.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a neat idea!
    I need something like that to attach to my sponge by the kitchen sink. When darling hubby wipes counters, he uses the one by the sink instead of under the sink. The one by the sink is suppose to be for dishes... not bleached counters. *Ü* But I am thankful he is willing to wipe counters and such. He's a sweetie!
    Thank you for sharing the idea!

    Oh, and Ally thanks you for commenting on her post about Snickerdoodles. *Ü*

    ~ Christina
    HsKubes HomeSchool Haven
    HsKubes Haven for Home
    Christian Military HomeSchool Mamas

    ReplyDelete
  4. How adorable! I love this!

    ReplyDelete

Hey thanks in advance for leaving a comment, sure do appreciate it!!